Saturday, November 1, 2014

Maine - opening day and it's raining.

I'm ok with sitting under a blanket for a little bit before I head back into the woods. I, like many other Maine residents, ventured out early this morning for the opening of deer season. I got an anydeer permit so I'm even more excited! But I see why I need better rain gear. I found an ok spot out of the rain but I ended up freezing! I did a little research about hunting in the rain. It's in the hunters favor for obvious reasons, like the rain hiding your noise. Deer don't mind if it's lightly raining and they are more lax. Less paranoid of danger. I know that I continuously think I hear something walking around when there are rain drops. I bet the deer get sick of thinking everything is a threat coming along so they block it out. I really want a tree house on the game trail. Wouldn't that be great!?

No comments:

Post a Comment